Commercial Cleaning & Waterproofing
Waterproof clothing, equipment and horse rugs require the correct care to maintain their performance. Cleaning and waterproofing with Nikwax® ensures these items remain breathable and repel water.
Please find below instructions and dosage information for using Nikwax in a commercial washing machine.
HOW TO USE
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Load garments/rugs into machine. Items must be free to move in machine. If overloaded, movement will be restricted and coverage may be uneven.
- Wash according to care label using the appropriate Nikwax cleaning product.
- Follow with a separate wash cycle using the appropriate Nikwax waterproofing product.
- Air-dry or tumble dry if care label allows.
Clothing/Equipment use Tech Wash®
Horse rugs use Rug Wash
|Hardness of water||Volume of Tech/Rug Wash per litre of water in wash cycle|
|Moderately Hard Water||7ml|
If the water consumption of the washing machine is unknown, then use the following guidelines based on the capacity of the machine in Kg
|Up to 12Kg||Up to 25Kg||Up to 35Kg||Up to 45Kg|
|Moderately Hard Water||230ml||470ml||650ml||850ml|
If the machine capacity is between those shown, then multiply the volume accordingly. Volumes of Nikwax® cleaning products (Tech Wash® & Rug Wash) have to be increased if you have hard water.
125-150ml per Kg of fabric being waterproofed
1-2 rugs in a machine with a capacity of up to 25Kg use 500ml of Rug Proof.
For a greater number of rugs or a larger capacity machine use the following guidelines: 50ml per Kg of fabric being waterproofed.
Please note: These are only guidelines and the actual dosages of the products may vary due to use in different washing machine models.
To download a PDF copy of these instructions click here